This Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn is a delicious corn on the cob covered with a cheesy sauce with cilantro and lime. It’s creamy, cheesy, and very flavorful.
The history of Mexican Street Corn dates back centuries and is deeply rooted in Mexican culinary traditions. Mexican Street Corn has evolved over time and different regions in Mexico have their own variations and toppings. Some variations include adding butter, garlic, or different types of cheeses. Recently, it has gained popularity beyond Mexico and can now be found in restaurants around the world.
Today, Mexican Street Corn is a beloved and iconic street food, cherished for its smoky, sweet, tangy, and savory flavors. Above all, it continues to be enjoyed as a delicious and satisfying snack or side dish.
Corn offers several health benefits due to its nutrient composition. Read more about health benefits of the corn: “Health Benefits of Corn”. While corn provides health benefits, it is important to consume it as part of a balanced and varied diet that includes other fruits, vegetables, proteins, and whole grains.
Finally, this Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn can be messy to eat, but you won’t mind once you try one.
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Please also share it with your friends and family.
Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn
- 4 cobs of corn
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup grated Cotija cheese
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Place cobs of corn in the basket and cook in a basket style air fryer at 400°F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, combine the spread ingredients in a small bowl, and the topping ingredients in a separate small bowl; set aside.
- Carefully remove the corn from the air fryer and transfer to a platter. Smear the spread all over each corn cob, then sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- Garnish with the fresh cilantro and serve.