This bright Asian Cucumber Salad is so simple and packs in delicious flavor! These crispy cucumbers are a light and cool salad that goes with almost anything.
Cucumbers are the star of this recipe. Their mild and refreshing flavor helps them pair well with the tangy Asian-inspired dressing, leaving you with a flavor-rich dish that has plenty of crunch. I have so many cucumbers coming from our garden this summer. We love cucumbers, and they are much more versatile than you might realize. This Asian Cucumber Salad is a great way to use up a lot of cucumbers.
Crispy cucumbers: sprinkle cucumber slices with sea salt and toss. Let cucumbers sit with the salt for about 15 minutes. They will release their excess moisture. Then drain out as much liquid as you can. Discard drained liquid. This will help make them crispy. Don’t ignore this step.
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Please also share it with your friends and family.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 6 Persian cucumbers (or 6 any medium cucumbers, or 3 English cucumbers) (sliced)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup green chives (chopped)
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Sprinkle cucumber slices with sea salt and toss. Let cucumbers sit with the salt for about 15 minutes. They will release their excess moisture. Then drain out as much liquid as you can. Discard drained liquid.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and honey.
- Add the dressing and green chives to the cucumber slices and toss to combine. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and sesame seeds and serve.