This Broccoli Salad recipe is full of fresh broccoli, red onion, dried cranberries, and apples mixed in a creamy, delicious dressing. Every bite of this salad is full of great flavors and textures, which all compliment one another beautifully!
Broccoli has numerous health benefits like fiber, vitamin C, and calcium, so this recipe makes for a healthy option that you can prepare for a potluck, barbecue, or picnic. Read more about health benefits of the broccoli: “Broccoli 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits”.
Broccoli Salad Dressing
I love this creamy broccoli salad dressing and it’s super simple to make.
– Mayonnaise can be substituted with Miracle Whip if desired.
– I like to use honey but maple syrup will work too.
– To make this dressing healthier, substitute half of the mayonnaise for plain Greek yogurt.
– I think the fresh lemon is a must for this dressing.
Can you make this broccoli salad the day before?
You can certainly prepare this salad recipe the day before. In my opinion, it is better the next day when all the flavors have time to blend.
Broccoli salad is a very popular Spring/Summer side dish, and everyone usually has their own way of making it. I think, this is the best broccoli salad recipe! Simple. Delicious. Easy.
If you try this Broccoli Salad recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Please also share it with your friends and family.
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 12 cups fresh broccoli florets (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 apples (unpeeled and sliced) (any variety of apple you prefer)
- 1 cup red onion (chopped)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, dried cranberries, apples, and red onion.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Pour the dressing over broccoli salad ingredients and stir to combine.