Avocado Toast with Egg is a near-perfect breakfast or lunch, if you ask me.
Good avocado toast starts with good bread. Multigrain or whole-wheat bread adds another layer of flavor to your avocado toast. Make sure the bread is sliced thick enough to hold up with the toppings.
Also, make sure to pick the right avocados for this recipe. They should be ripe but firm.
Avocado Toast with Egg fits perfectly into a healthy diet. Avocados are one of the most delicious, richest, and satisfying foods. These wonderful gems, technically fruits, are packed with anti-aging, disease-fighting antioxidants and nearly 20 different vitamins and minerals. Pair that with whole-wheat or multigrain toast and the benefits only increase.
Eggs are a natural source of many nutrients including high quality protein, vitamins and minerals.
Avocado Toast with Egg
- ½ avocado (sliced)
- 2 slices multigrain or whole-wheat bread (toasted)
- 2 boiled eggs (soft or hard, peeled and sliced)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Spread avocado slices onto the toasted bread.
- Place sliced eggs on top of the avocado.
- Finish by sprinkling a little black pepper and salt.