These fluffy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles will be your go-to fall breakfast. They’re light, fluffy and have just enough spice to make your house smell incredible.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles are a delicious and nutritious breakfast option, especially during the fall season when pumpkins are everywhere. These waffles are made with whole wheat flour and pumpkin puree, making them a healthier alternative to traditional waffles.
These waffles can be considered a healthier breakfast option for several reasons:
Whole Wheat Flour: Whole wheat flour is less processed than white flour and contains more nutrients and fiber. It provides complex carbohydrates that are digested more slowly, helping to keep you full and provide sustained energy throughout the morning.
Pumpkin Puree: Pumpkin is a nutrient-rich vegetable that’s low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals. It’s an excellent source of vitamin A, which is essential for eye health, and it also provides vitamin C, potassium, and fiber.
Customizable Toppings: You have control over the toppings you add to your waffles. Opting for fresh fruit, yogurt, or nuts can increase the nutritional value of this flavorful breakfast.
More Breakfast Recipes you will Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Buckwheat Waffles
Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes
Berry Baked Oatmeal
Tiramisu Overnight Oats
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Please also share it with your friends and family.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat waffle iron (I used Belgian waffle maker).
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl add wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mixing until just combined.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and cook according to waffle iron directions (about 3-4 minutes). Serve waffles with warm maple syrup and pecans if desired. Enjoy!