These Oven Baked Shrimp Skewers are shrimp marinated in garlic, fresh lemon juice and herbs, then threaded onto sticks and cooked to perfection. It is easy to make yet fancy enough to serve at your next party.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients: medium shrimp, olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, garlic, fresh parsley leaves, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional, for a little heat).
How to make Oven Baked Shrimp Skewers
1. Toss shrimp with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Let shrimp marinate for 20-30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Next, spray a baking sheet with a cooking spray. Thread shrimp onto skewers and place skewers on a prepared baking sheet.
3. Finally, bake shrimp just until pink and cooked through, about 4-6 minutes. Cooking time depends on the size of the shrimp and the oven.
Any skewers will work for this shrimp recipe: wooden skewers, bamboo skewers or metal skewers.
Garlic shrimp skewers (or shrimp kabobs) are delicious and full of fresh flavor. I love this recipe’s shrimp marinade because it’s simple, yet has a bold flavor. You can marinate them in a variety of sauces and spices such as garlic, lemon juice (or lime juice), olive oil, soy sauce, honey, ginger, Cajun or Italian seasoning, or even a combination of these for a unique taste.
Leftover shrimp should be removed from the skewers and kept in an airtight container for up to four days.
Oven Baked Shrimp Skewers are indeed a versatile and delicious dish that can be customized in numerous ways. You can intersperse your shrimp with red onion, pineapple, bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms. These not only add flavor but will also make the skewers more visually appealing.
While grilling is a popular method for cooking shrimp skewers, I also like bake them in the oven, cook them on a stovetop grill pan or cook shrimp in an air fryer.
More Recipes you will Enjoy!
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Please also share it with your friends and family.
Oven Baked Shrimp Skewers
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for a little heat)
- Toss shrimp with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Let shrimp marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with a cooking spray.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and place skewers onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake shrimp just until pink and cooked through, about 4-6 minutes. Cooking time depends on the size of the shrimp and the oven.