Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes are a simple yet delightful dish that brings out the natural flavors of these two vegetables. Plus, the health benefits of these ingredients are an added bonus.
Health Benefits of Carrots and Potatoes
Carrots and potatoes are packed with nutrients. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is great for your vision and skin. Potatoes, on the other hand, are a good source of vitamins and minerals like potassium and vitamin C. When you combine these two, you’re in for a wholesome meal that your body will thank you for.
Why Choose Air Frying?
Air fryers use hot air circulation to cook food, drastically reducing the need for a lot of oil. This means you can enjoy your favorite fried foods with significantly less fat and calories. Plus, it’s a quicker and more energy-efficient way to cook, which is perfect for those busy weeknight dinners.
Ingredients for this recipe
To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients: potatoes, carrots, extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, dried ground oregano, dried ground thyme, and parsley and/or chives to garnish.
How to make Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
1. First, toss the potatoes, carrots, olive oil and seasonings in a medium bow.
2. Next, transfer potatoes and carrots to your air fryer basket and air fry at 400˚F for 18-20 minutes, flipping and tossing halfway. Air fry until potatoes are golden brown and crisp on the outside and tender when pierced with a fork.
3. Finally, garnish with parsley and/or chives and serve.
This air fryer roasted dish makes an excellent side for any meal. The sweet and savory carrots complement the hearty, crispy roasted potatoes, creating a satisfying combination. You can also get creative with dipping sauces like aioli, ketchup, or even a yogurt-based ranch dressing for added flavor.
The combination of wholesome ingredients and minimal effort yields a plate full of goodness that your taste buds and body will appreciate. So, the next time you’re looking for an easy and healthy side dish, remember this air fryer recipe.
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below. And don’t forget to rate it! In addition, please share it with your friends and family.
Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
- 3 medium Russet potatoes or 4 Yukon gold potatoes (washed, scrubbed, and diced)
- 3 medium carrots (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- teaspoon black pepper
- teaspoon dried ground oregano
- teaspoon dried ground thyme
- Parsley and/or chives to garnish (finely chopped, optional)
- In a medium bow, toss the potatoes, carrots, olive oil and seasonings.
- Transfer potatoes and carrots to your air fryer basket and air fry at 400˚F for 18-20 minutes, flipping and tossing halfway. Air fry until potatoes are golden brown and crisp on the outside and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley and/or chives and serve.