A super easy recipe ready in minutes, this Avocado Tuna Salad recipe will quickly become a lunch favorite. Swap the mayo for avocado in this healthy lunch recipe that you and your whole family will love. Avocado is the perfect substitute for mayonnaise in tuna salad. It has the same creamy texture and paired with the protein from tuna you’ve got yourself a well balanced meal.
Avocados are exceptionally nutritious fruits and are a concentrated source of healthy fats and fiber, plus a number of vitamins and minerals. Nutritious, versatile, and delicious, avocados have become a kitchen staple in many homes around the world.
Great article about tuna: Health Benefits of Tuna.
The avocado gives this Tuna Salad recipe a healthy and highly satisfying creaminess without needing mayo. The lime juice and cilantro give this tuna salad an incredible fresh flavor.
This salad couldn’t be simpler to make. Just have everything prepped and chopped and simply add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Toss to combine, taste, and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
All our salad ideas: salads page.
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 2 5 oz cans wild albacore tuna (drained and flaked)
- ¼ cup red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ English cucumber (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado (cut into about 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 jalapeño (without seeds, chopped)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and toss to combine. Taste, and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve on a toast, pita bread, over lettuces, or in lettuce boats.