If you’re looking for a new way to prepare your white fish, then you’ll definitely want to try this Blackened Cod recipe! This recipe combines a bold Cajun seasoning with firm but flakey and mild cod fish, pan seared to perfection! It has just the right amount of flavor and heat to keep you running back for more. It’s a super-fast recipe and can be paired with pretty much any side dish or be part of a tasty fish sandwich.
Cod is a healthful type of fish with many dietary benefits. It is high in protein and low in fat, which makes it an excellent protein source. Cod is also high in vitamins and minerals that are essential to bodily functioning. Like most fish, Cod has a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Great article about Cod: “Is Cod Healthy? Nutrition, Calories, Benefits, and More”.
This dish is ready in about 15 minutes and is one of my favorite fish recipes to make for my family. Cod is a delicious and mild tasting fish with a large flaky texture, but still firm and meaty. It holds up well to bold spices and many different cooking preparations. This recipe works well with any other firm, white-fleshed fish such as halibut. Just remember that white, mild, low-fat fish can easily become dry, so make sure not to overcook them.
Quick and easy: All that you have to do is season the fish fillets and pan fry them for several minutes. This seasoned cod is ready to serve in around 15 minutes so it’s the perfect recipe after a long day.
Some store-bought Cajun seasonings have salt. But some do not contain any or don’t have enough, and in that case, you should add salt to taste.
More recipes to try!
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Please also share it with your friends and family.
- ½ pound cod filet (cut into 2 portions)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh chives for garnish (chopped)
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides with Cajun seasoning and salt.
- Heat a large skillet and add olive oil to skillet. Add the seasoned fish, and let cook, undisturbed until the bottom is blackened, about 1 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Carefully flip the fish over and continue cooking until the fish lightly flakes, about 1 to 3 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Garnish with chives and serve while warm.