Chicken and Zucchini Meatballs make a simple and healthy dinner that is easy to make for busy weeknights.
Chicken and fresh zucchini is such a great healthy combination. All the ingredients in these meatballs combine for a delicious, mouthwatering main dish. Not only the zucchini adds tons of color, but also adds much-needed moisture that ground chicken often lacks, helping to make the meatballs tender and juicy.
By the end of summer anyone with a garden has more zucchini than they know what to do with. This easy and delicious recipe is one of the best ways to use up extra zucchini.
Zucchini preparation tips (Don’t ignore this step):
1. The zucchini should be finely shredded. This will make it easier to pack and keep the meatballs together.
2. The liquid of the zucchini needs to be squeezed out as much as possible: place zucchini in a bowl. Sprinkle grated zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand for about 10 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Discard drained liquid.
Chicken and Zucchini is a delicious and healthy combination. The mild flavor of chicken pairs well with the subtle and slightly sweet taste of zucchini, creating a well-balanced dish. If you like both chicken and zucchini, you definitely will love this Chicken and Zucchini Meatballs recipe.
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Please also share it with your friends and family.
Chicken and Zucchini Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 medium zucchini (grated)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs (panko or regular)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- Olive oil to sauté
- Place zucchini in a bowl. Sprinkle grated zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand for about 10 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Discard drained liquid.
- Combine all ingredients (except oil) with remaining salt and stir until just combined. Form balls about 1 ½ inch in diameter by scooping meatballs with a scoop (or spoon) and gently smoothing with your hands.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning, for 8-10 minutes until cooked through and dark golden.