These crispy Fritters make a wonderful dish, and they’re a delicious way to use up your summer zucchini. This Chicken Zucchini Fritters recipe is so versatile and perfect as a main course or appetizer. The delectable patties are packed with zucchini which aids in the most juicy and tender meat. Not only they are ridiculously easy to prepare they are also gluten free.
While many people refer to it as a vegetable, zucchini is a fruit. They range in color from dark emerald green to a yellowish shade. Zucchini provides many health benefits and suits many diets, such as keto, paleo, vegan, or low-carb. Read more about health benefits of the zucchini: “Health Benefits of Zucchini”.
By the end of summer anyone with a garden has more zucchini than they know what to do with. This easy and delicious recipe is one of the best ways to use up extra zucchini.
Zucchini preparation tips
– The zucchini should be finely shredded. This will make it easier to pack and keep the fritters together.
– The liquid of the zucchini needs to be squeezed out as much as possible: place zucchini in a bowl. Sprinkle grated zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand for about 10 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Discard drained liquid.
These Chicken Zucchini Fritters are easy and super flavorful. You can play around with different flavors, spices and even swap zucchini to another veggie like cauliflower, broccoli, or spinach. But the main recipe method and ingredients will remain the same.
When serving these fritters as an appetizer, I like to serve them with sour cream, mustard, ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or salsa.
More Recipes you will Enjoy!
White Wine Tomato Chicken
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Please also share it with your friends and family.
Chicken Zucchini Fritters
- 2 medium zucchini (or one green zucchini and one yellow squash) (grated)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup green onions or chives (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- Olive oil to sauté
- Place zucchini in a bowl. Sprinkle grated zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand for about 10 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Discard drained liquid.
- Combine all ingredients (except oil) with remaining salt and stir until just combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the patty mixture, forming into small patties and place on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add patties (in batches if necessary) and cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes. Flip and finish cooking, another 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add extra oil or turn down heat if they are cooking too quickly.