This easy and flavorful Cottage Cheese Queso Dip is the perfect cheesy dip for a party or simply to enjoy as a healthy snack. It is great as a side dish.
Gather all Ingredients for this Cottage Cheese Queso Dip
To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cottage cheese: cottage cheese is a soft, lumpy cheese made from curds that are drained of whey. With its mild flavor and unique texture, it is a versatile ingredient in both sweet and savory dishes.
- Cheddar cheese: Cheddar cheese is a firm and smooth-textured cheese known for its distinctively sharp taste. Made from cow’s milk, it undergoes a maturation process that contributes to its rich flavor.
- Taco seasoning: Taco seasoning is a flavorful blend of spices crafted to add a zesty kick to any Mexican-inspired dishes. Typically combining ingredients like chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and oregano. I was using the “McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix”.
- Pico de gallo (for garnish): Pico de Gallo is a vibrant and refreshing condiment from Mexican cuisine. This uncooked salsa is a wonderful mix of diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeños, and lime juice. The combination of these fresh ingredients creates a burst of flavors and textures, with the tomatoes providing juiciness, the onions adding crunch, and the cilantro and lime infusing a zesty brightness.
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish): Cilantro is a vibrant herb with its bright green, feathery leaves and distinctive citrusy flavor.
How to make this Cottage Cheese Queso Dip
- Blend cottage cheese
Add the cottage cheese to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add everything else and cook
Transfer the cottage cheese to a microwave-safe bowl and add the shredded cheddar cheese and taco seasoning. Microwave for 30 second, stir, and microwave 30 second more, until smooth and creamy.
- You are done. Yummy!
Top with pico de gallo and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Cottage Cheese Queso Dip: Frequently Asked Questions
I would not recommended to freeze queso dip with cottage cheese as it can change the texture upon thawing.
Add diced jalapeños, hot sauce, or a pinch of cayenne pepper to make it as spicy as you like.
Absolutely! You can prepare the dip in advance and reheat it before serving.
Yes, you can use low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese to make a healthier version of queso dip. Full-fat makes it creamier.
More Appetizer Recipes you will Enjoy!
If you try this recipe and like it, please leave your feedback in the comment section below. And don’t forget to rate it! In addition, please share it with your friends and family.
Cottage Cheese Queso Dip
- 16 oz. cottage cheese (full-fat)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- ½ cup pico de gallo (for garnish)
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Add the cottage cheese to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the cottage cheese to a microwave-safe bowl and add the shredded cheddar cheese and taco seasoning. Microwave for 30 second, stir, and microwave 30 second more, until smooth and creamy.
- Top with pico de gallo and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Hi! I’m Irina. Here you’ll find healthy and healthy-ish recipes.